I recently helped a family member add her Yahoo! mail account to her new iPad2. It’s native to the iPad OS to sync your Yahoo! mail and calendar, but not your contacts. I found this rather strange.
There’s no need to panic, though. It is rather easy–and a little quirky–to sync your contacts as well.
- In Settings, click on Mail, Contacts and Calendars
- If you haven’t already, use the Yahoo! account function to add Yahoo Mail and Calendar
- To sync contacts, you will need to add a CardDAV account by
- Tapping Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Other
- Tap Add CardDAV Account and enter the following in the fields provided:
- In Server you need to enter carddav.address.yahoo.com
- In Username, enter your full Yahoo! ID (a.k.a. your complete Yahoo! email address)
- In Password enter your Yahoo! ID password
- Tap to save the info and close the window
- The next time you open your MAIL application, contacts from Yahoo! should now appear!